Repairing your home
Eastlight has an inhouse Home Solutions Team. Made up of more than 100 skilled tradespeople, they are committed to helping you keep your home safe and in good condition. We also use a team of trusted contractors for specialist work.
If it is an emergency such as a total loss of heating or electricity, gas leak, flood or collapsed ceiling please call us on 0330 128 0330.
We aim to complete emergency repairs within 24 hours.
You are responsible for keeping your home clean and in good order and could mean you face a charge for damaged not caused by normal wear and tear.
We will discuss any recharges before beginning any work.
Examples of rechargeable repairs include:
- An electrical repair needed because of a defective appliance
- A drain blockage caused by something you or visitors have done like inappropriate materials being flushed by the sink or toilet
- If you get locked out of your home and need help to gain entry
Eastlight is responsible for the majority of the repairs in your home. However, some things you are responsible for as a resident. You can find a list of repairs responsibilities below.
Our Home MOT service is a general check on your home to ensure it is safe and secure – similar to a car MOT.
The aim is to prevent you needing large repairs in the future, reducing the amount of times we need to visit your home.
A Home MOT may also be used when were concerned about the overall condition of your home or as part of the Mutual Exchange service.
Our handyperson can carry out additional small jobs in your home to make life easier for you.
The type of work they carry out includes:
- Fitting/refitting curtains and nets
- Fitting bolts and chains to gates and doors
- Fitting battery-operated doorbells and key safes
- Connecting washing machines to existing water supplies
- Picture and mirror hanging
- Putting up shelves and blinds
- Putting small flat pack furniture together
- Changing lightbulbs.
All customers are eligible for the service apart from anyone in arrears, outstanding debt or with a tenancy breach.
The service is charged at a rate of £12 per hour.
To book this service or to make further enquiries contact Customer Services