Working with suppliers
Our partnerships allow us to provide excellent homes and services. We’re always looking for new suppliers and contractors who share our vision and want to help us improve the lives of our residents.
Once you have completed our Suppliers List form, we will refer to your application when a suitable opportunity arises. Although we will be unable to completely guarantee any future business, you will be added to our supplier list for consideration.
It is important to ensure that your application is as detailed as possible; this includes providing relevant contact information and email addresses, where possible.
Please note: We require all our suppliers to be registered on the Housing Procurement Portal in order to be considered for opportunities with Eastlight. All our tenders are completed there.
You can register free of charge and browse any opportunities that may interest you. The application takes only five minutes to complete and is necessary before any business is conducted with Eastlight.
We obtain our quotes from a variety of sources, including our existing supplier base and supplier list.
The following table demonstrates the value threshold for each contract type.
*All values are inclusive of VAT.
All procurement activities above thresholds will be advertised in the Find a Tender website.
We also advertise our above threshold notices on the Contracts Finder and Housing Procurement web portals. To find and respond to our notices, you must be registered on the following websites:
In addition, we also procure via public sector frameworks.
At Eastlight, we strive to achieve high levels of customer service and satisfaction, and we expect the same commitment from our contractors, suppliers and operational partners.
We ensure that all contact with our customers is positive, polite and solution oriented, and we kindly request that all our contractors are ambitious, inclusive and accountable for the work they undertake.
Read more on our minimum supplier requirements and expectations below.
At Eastlight, we ensure that we remain compliant with regulation and legislation to maintain fair, safe and inclusive working conditions of those working directly or indirectly for us. We expect that our suppliers/contractors share a similar vision.
As such, we require all suppliers or contactors to comply with the following:
- Equality Act 2010
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and any other relevant legislation (particularly the duty of care not only to their own employees but also to others, including all representatives of Eastlight and members of the public)
- The Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR), as part of their working relationship with Eastlight. Click here to read Eastlight's Privacy Statement
- Modern Slavery Act 2015 – this includes zero evidence of child labour; slavery; forced, bonded or involuntary labour; human trafficking and exploitation, either directly, by subcontractors or within the supply chain. Click here to read Eastlight's Modern Slavery Statement
Our standard minimum requirements mean that all suppliers or contractors must have the following levels of insurance cover:
- Employers Liability – £5m
- Public Liability – £2m
- Professional Indemnity (if applicable) – £1m
Alongside the failure to apply with the above points, the points below set out the grounds by which a contractor/supplier may be deemed ineligible to work with Eastlight, if they:
- Are in a state of bankruptcy, insolvency winding up, administration, receivership, composition with creditors or any equivalent state, or subject to relevant proceedings
- Have been convicted of a criminal offence related to their business or professional conduct
- Have committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of business
- Are guilty of serious misrepresentation in supplying information required by Eastlight Community Homes
- Are not in possession of a licence to trade or not a member of the appropriate body where the law requires it.