Succeed at Eastlight
Whether you are looking for your first job, developing different skills or thinking about a career change we want to help people Succeed at Eastlight!
We are a housing association with ambitious plans to play our part in challenging the housing crisis. We want to create affordable homes and great neighbourhoods now and for years to come.
We are looking for passionate and inspiring individuals from all walks of life to join us and help us achieve the very best for our people, our residents and their communities.
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse culture where our people across all ethnicities, genders and lifestyles are respected and valued. Embracing diversity is not only the right thing to do, but it is key to our success.
We are looking for people who match our Ambitious, Accountable and Inclusive values and bring enthusiasm and energy into Eastlight.
If you have the ambition and willingness to learn, we will support you to succeed in a career with us – providing you with experience, training and further opportunities to develop and grow.
What is it like to work at Eastlight?
Income Advisor - Finance
“There are amazing opportunities at Eastlight and I feel supported with every career step I take.
“I love how rewarding it is when I help people in need.”
Carpenter/Multi-Skill Operative - Trades
Noah landed a carpentry apprenticeship after two spells of work experience.
“I began working with the Kitchen and Bathroom team," he said.
"Working alongside my mentor and others within the team, I learnt and developed my skills, although not just in carpentry but other trades too.
"After my apprenticeship I completed my NVQ in carpentry and achieved a distinction in my exam.
"I have continued to work with Kitchens and Bathrooms, also going on a plumbing course to develop my skills within the company to become a multi-skilled carpenter.”
Accounts Assistant - Finance
"I have been with Eastlight for four years and have completed qualifications with plans to become a fully qualified accountant in the near future.
"My development in both my education and my work has always been encouraged by my manager, colleagues and more senior management and I am very grateful for it, as it has allowed me to progress in my role and gives me the drive to continue to do so.”
We have opportunities in the following areas:
- Trades and Repairs– helping ensure our residents' homes stay in tip top shape in our Home Solutions Team
- Customer Services – helping our residents with their needs and concerns
- Housing – making sure our residents are safe and happy in their homes
- Assets – taking charge of any work on our homes
- Compliance – ensuring our homes meet strict rules and regulations
- IT – keeping our systems up to date, and helping our people with any IT issues
- HR – looking after our people with things like payroll, absence, health and wellbeing
- Facilities – manage our offices, making them safe and welcoming for staff and customers
- Communications – keep residents and colleagues up to date via a variety of channels
- Learning and Development – helping our people to reach their full potential